Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No More Cheese, Please!

A good friend of mine gave me 5 pounds (FYI: 5 pounds=160 slices) of American cheese a while back!  The cheese is from a warehouse club and is undoubtedly intended for restaurant use. The slices are not individually wrapped in plastic, so it would be perfect for a deli where they are grabbing slices of cheese all day long!

I like cheese as much as, or more than, the next person.  While this is an extremely nice gesture and I greatly appreciate it (Good Grief!) what does anyone do with 160 slices of cheese?

Even using 2 slices every single day, that's 80 days (or over 2 1/2  months) of daily cheese! And what household uses cheese every day?!?! So even after eating and eating and eating cheese… having given some away…there is still a surplus of cheese. Even though my friend said I could freeze it…I am not too ‘hot’ about 'freezing' cheese! (Pun intended!)

A pleasant surprise was a potato soup recipe that has an optional addition of cheese.  So thanks to the Twitter friend who helped immensely in the Great Cheese Project!

The expiration date shows that it lasts until January 2010, so, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to finish the cheese in January 2010. Getting there, slooowly but surely.

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment