Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me

On Saturday, I received this little bird ornament as an early stocking stuffer. It looks like a male house sparrow with the black throat patch.

So I was very surprised on Monday when I found out that there is a little sparrow (that looks like the ornament) living on the front porch!  This is the fourth different bird that has taken up residence on the porch over the past few years.  The porch (under the eaves) is a smart place for a bird to live in winter: protected from rain and snow, benefitting from the warmth of the house, and limited exposure to preditors.

This makes the little ornament even more special.  I was planning on leaving it out all year, and now I will for sure!

Carole

[Text Copyright 2009 Carole of CloudK9.com All Rights Reserved.]

No comments:

Post a Comment