Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound) Cookie Cutter

I had a "lightbulb moment" when thinking of ways to create the "fur" for long-haired dogs: use toasted coconut to create a brown and white Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound)!

I used the Borzoi Cookie Cutter at our Cloud K9® website to cut out sugar cookie dough, baked the cookies, and let them cool.

To create the Borzoi:

* First I toasted coconut.  The coconut bag has instructions for how to do this, but watch the coconut carefully or it will burn really quickly! If you are going to use toasted coconut, it has to be ready at this stage, because the decorating icing will dry fairly quickly.

* Then, I used a tube of white cookie decorating icing and covered the front of the Borzoi cookie. I added the nose, eye and whiskers with black decorating icing. It helps to use a toothpick for very fine details.

If you like, you can create the Borzoi with just frosting and not add the coconut.


*Next, I gently pressed the white/untoasted coconut and the toasted coconut into the white icing to create the spots on the Borzoi.  Gently turn the cookie upside down to remove the excess coconut.

I think this created a fantastic-looking cookie! The coconut (toasted and untoasted) does a great job of creating the look of long fur and is just the right color for a Borzoi!

Gee! I love doing cookies for this blog! I get to eat them when they are completed! Yummm!

Carole
Cloud K9® carries over 80 different dog-theme and dog-shaped cookie cutters.
[Photos and text copyright Carole of cloudk9.com All rights reserved.]

No comments:

Post a Comment