Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peppermint Bark Recipe (yummy)

About 2 weeks ago, I began craving Peppermint Bark. So I did some searching online and hit gold!  I didn't find a recipe for just any Peppermint Bark, this recipe is based on Peppermint Bark from Williams Sonoma!

The information with the recipe says that Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark is $22.00 a pound.  However, that statement must be from last year.  I made a trip to Williams Sonoma (yes, I spare no expense for my blog followers) and this year (2009) the Peppermint Bark is $26.000 a pound!

I made several batches of the recipe (see one in my picture above) and it is truly delicious.  A few tips:
* Supposedly, crushed peppermint from Candy Canes is softer than crushed peppermint from the little round "Starlight" Mints.
For one batch, I made more of a powder or dust by using the blender, so that I didn't have to worry about breaking a tooth on a larger piece of crushed peppermint.  It tastes equally good using the very finely crushed peppermint.

* I found when using Nestle's white chocolate chips, that the chocolate became very thick when the peppermint extract was added.  This happened with 2 separate batches.  This did not happen when I tried another brand of white chocolate chips (actually from Aldi).

So there is no copyright infringement, I am posting a link to the recipe rather than copying the recipe here:
(I do not receive any compensation for posting/linking to this recipe.)

I believe, if you can find some of the ingredients on sale (which is easy to do during the holiday season), that the bark costs less than $5.00 a pound. A HUGE savings over $26.00 a pound if you purchase it from the store! Just find a cute tin or container to put this candy in and you will have a wonderful gift...or keep it for yourself!

Enjoy! The only thing that could make this recipe any better is if it had no calories!
Carole

[Text Copyright 2009 Carole of CloudK9.com All Rights Reserved.]



No comments:

Post a Comment