Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today I Reveal the Amazing Phenomenon of How a Parakeet Changed Colors Overnight!


When I was about 5 years old, the neighbors in the house behind us had a pet parakeet.  It was a pretty blue parakeet and the three kids in the family enjoyed watching it, and letting it fly around the room.

One day, the kids told me that their parakeet had changed colors overnight!  That’s right, it changed from blue to green overnight!  Could that even be possible?  Well, as proof, they showed me the little bird sitting happily in its cage.  To my complete amazement, the little budgie was now green!  Wow!  That was incredible!  In my 5 short years on the planet, I had never, ever heard of such a thing!

I ran home to tell my Mom!  At the end of the story, she had a knowing look on her face, but didn’t say a word!  Well, now I understand that the same phenomenon that allows children to believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy allows them to believe that their sweet little bird changed colors overnight.

Behind the scenes, the frantic parents knew the truth.  When the little bird went to that big parakeet cage in the sky, one of them raced to the pet store for a replacement bird, only to find that none of the little winged creatures was blue (which was a far rarer color back then).  The only available parakeets were green.  Rather than tell the kids the awful truth, the story of a bird changing colors overnight would smooth over the situation with “no ruffled feathers” so to speak.

Ahhh! If only life were as simple as when we were 5 years old!

Carole

PS: Be sure to look for the key words "November Contest" for how to win either the Paw Print Locket Necklace or the Paw Print Business Card Case!

[Text Copyright 2009 Carole of CloudK9.com All Rights Reserved.]

No comments:

Post a Comment