Friday, November 6, 2009
Light A Candle
The Bad News - Yesterday was a very somber day for America…and our thoughts and prayers are with all those directly or indirectly impacted by the tragic events at Fort Hood.
The Good News – There is an amazing number of people who are willing to help in any way they can.
Yesterday, I retweeted some information about how to help those injured at Fort Hood by donating blood and literally within minutes the word was being spread again, and again, and again on Twitter! There is no way to directly measure the impact of these tweets. But who knows how many people, who wouldn’t have known, saw the information in those tweets and donated blood. Or maybe someone with a rare blood type donated blood because of these tweets. Whenever I post a tweet, I don’t know if even one person will read it, so I am greatly humbled by the number of retweets.
There is great power in online communication and people are willing to help!
“It is better to light a single candle than to sit and curse the darkness.”
Here are some ways to light a few candles to help Anipals (for Free and in 2 minutes or less!)
* http://freekibble.com/ Answer the trivia question and, whether you answer it correctly or not, several pieces of kibble are donated to feed shelter animals. A new question is featured each day!
* http://dogreatgood.com/ Use this as your search engine and they will donate to a variety of charities including animal rescue organizations and human service charities.
* http://theanimalrescuesite.com/ Visit this site and click on the purple button near the top of the page that says "Click Here to Give - It's Free" and sponsors will pay for food and shelter for rescue animals.
Sign the petition to allow up to a $3,500 tax deduction for qualifying pet cares expenses.
(Currently they have about 53,000 out of the needed 80,000 signatures.)
* http://www.uniteddogs.com/stopkillingdogs/ 1 Million signatures are needed to present the petition to South Korean officials so that dogs will not be eaten as food in South Korea.
* A simple Retweet to help raise food for an animal shelter (not sure of the deadline on this one):
>> Don't forget to RT this link http://bit.ly/nutrish - @Nutrish, each RT helps Etowah Valley Humane get up to 1 ton of Rachael Ray Nutrish <<
If you know of any others, please leave a comment and we will add them to this article.
Thanks to everyone!
PS: Be sure to look for the key words "November Contest" for how to win either the Paw Print Locket Necklace or the Paw Print Business Card Case!
[Text Copyright 2009 Carole of CloudK9.com All Rights Reserved.]